Saturday, January 10, 2009

UPDATES AND MY MISSING CAMERA!!!!!!

Hello to all! I know, I know. I should have updated way before now. It has been a very eventful past month for us. Instead of uploading pictures of what we have been up to, I am going to have to share. The reason, you ask? On New Years Eve, while raising money for a close friend and her family, a very special posession was lost. That's it, my CAMERA! On that precious posession were pictures from the past month. Those included our awesome trip to Hershey Park, where a very excited Mason rode Thomas the Train at Strasburg Station and was in utter awe at all the "REAL LIVE TRAINS", we all enjoyed seeing the art of making chocolate, rode tons of rides while it was SNOWING on our freezing faces and managed to eat more chocolate than anyone should ever consume.
Christmas was very busy, as usual. We kicked off Christmas Eve baking cookies all morning for Santa with Mimi. We started a new tradition this year of attending our Christmas Eve service at LIFE, which proved to remind even the boys what Christmas is truly about. How awesome to know that Gods' only Son was sent here for each and every one of us. I hope that this is a tradition my children hold very dear to their hearts and someday continue with their families. After attending the Christmas Eve service, we make the trip to Poppy and Grammy's house for dinner, lots of great family time and exchanging of gifts. Christmas Day proved to be just as busy beginning with opening gifts with the boys, Papa John and Mimi stopping by for a quick visit and then heading to Papa Tom and Nana's. We ended our day with a final stop at Mimi and Papa John's for dessert and coffee and yes, more gifts. We all were spent by 8:30, but VERY Thankful for having family to love and spend time with.
AHHHH....December 26th! My magnificent, fabulous, wonderful...BIRTHDAY! I just embarked on my 33rd birthday. I started my day at 6 am shopping with my sister-in-law as we do every year. We found some GREAT stuff and really just had fun watching all the crazy ladies in Target literally pushing eachother out of the way for Christmas Paper Towels! I know, we still can't figure it out. They weren't even that cheap, and no ladies and gents, I didn't see any coupons in their hands. Oh well, we preceded to grab breakfast and head home. After a busy morning, I chose to take my family to Raleigh to spend my day with my very BEST friend, Heather and her family. What a great time. All in all, I had a great birthday.
And last, but not least, we spent January 1st and 2nd at the beach with Brady's family. Every year they hold a Christmas reunion and EVERYONE is there. It's always a quick trip, but also very nice to see all those Lancasters in one place and Grandma Lancaster absolutely LOVES it!

So as I continue to pray for the return of my valuable posession, I am wishing you all the best in 2009! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Followers